The perfect match for the sweet toothed
Are you passionate about sweets? Do you want to discover the origin of the best pastries? If you can’t resist the coques, nougat or turrón/ torrons, chocolates, cakes and croissants, Sweet Barcelona is your tour.
BOOK THE TOUR NOW IN SPANISH
It is said that the sweet tradition of Barcelona is as old as the origins of the city. In the historic Roman colony of Barcino, our ancestors already ate desserts with honey and nuts.
Coques and digestive liqueurs such as moscatell were already popular in the Middle Ages as well as many varieties of desserts for the most important festivals of the year. With the arrival of cocoa, the possibilities of confectionery multiplied.
Today, Barcelona has become a recognized sweet destination with world-renowned pastry shops such as Escribà, Bubó and Hoffman and traditional bakeries like Brunells.
With Sweet Barcelona you will learn about the ingredients, their properties and the relationship with the festive calendar. The tour will take you through traditional bakeries and ovens where we will discover the best recipes.
We will start our tour through La Rambla, Granja Viader and Boqueria Market and then enter the Gothic Quarter visiting Petritxol Street, Plaza del Pi, Call and El Born/ Borne where our clients will be able to taste an artisan product.
We will visit:
- Old shops and traditional bakeries.
- The sweet sections of the Mercat de la Boqueria
- Important information: the tasting contains nuts and gluten.
It is not suitable for people with nut allergies or gluten intolerance.
- The activity will start on time and participation is not guaranteed in the event of a delay.
- It is essential that participants wear a mask.
- It is essential that participants maintain a safe distance during the visit.
- The tasting offered during the tour contains nuts and gluten.
- A minimum of participants is required to take place.
If you do not reach the minimum, the organization will contact you
- The visit takes places with rain or bad weather