Crimes. The tour
Discover the dark side of Barcelona
Crimes The Tour is the walking tour through the old town with which you will discover the real crimes that most terrified the people of Barcelona for decades. You will walk through the Raval, the Gothic and the Born and we will reveal details that will not leave you indifferent. Nothing will ever be the same in Barcelona after Crimes.
BOOK THE TOUR IN SPANISH NOW
You will have the opportunity to discover the secrets of the history of the city of Barcelona and its most emblematic monuments with the common thread of crimes
End of February 1912. Barcelona is looking for a missing girl who goes by the name of Teresa Guitart. Some neighbors alert the police that in Calle de Ponent number 29, first floor, Enriqueta Martí has been seen with a girl who could be Teresita. The case was known as the Vampira del Raval.
March 16, 1936. Calle Portal Nou 45, third floor. The body of Benvingut Funes has been found with signs of having suffered a beating, several stab wounds and bleeding. Who and why murdered Benvingut Funes?
The tour is based on the book Barcelona en negre. Crims i criminals (1890-1956) written by Mercè Balada and published by Albertí, Editor SL and delves into the real stories of murderers and criminals, all of them documented with numerous photographs and period publications.
Crimes The Tour will discover the best kept secrets of Raval, Gothic and Born neighborhoods and their most representative buildings while learning the details of the city’s crimes.
- Lenght: approximately 2 hours -2 hours 30 minutes
- Visits calendar: Saturdays at 7:00 p.m. in Spanish and very soon in English too. We ask for punctuality.
- Meeting point: corner of Pintor Fortuny and La Rambla streets, in front of Hotel Le Meridien. La Rambla, 111-113. The guide will have the name Oh my guide!
- La Rambla, Pintor Fortuny, Doctor Dou, Joaquim Costa, former prison of Queen Amalia, Folch i Torres Square, Sant Pau del Camp Monastery, Escudellers, George Orwell Square, Avinyó streets, Palma de Sant Just, Bòria, Corders, Allada Vermell, Sant Augustí Vell Sq, Sant Pere Sq.
- The activity will start promptly at the indicated time and participation in case of delay is not guaranteed.
• The contents of the visit are intended for adult audiences. The recommended minimum age is from 13 years
• Bring water and comfortable shoes
• The tour is not fully adapted for wheelchairs. There are cobblestone floors and narrow sidewalks at some points
• Until further notice it is essential that attendees wear their mask and that they keep it well placed and that they maintain a safe social distance throughout the tour, especially during stops to listen to the guide’s explanations. The organization reserves the right not to admit participants who do not comply with the guidelines of the health authorities
• The tour takes place with rain or bad weather forecast